Oriental Lace Earrings Free Online Tutorial
If don't know how to wrap a wire to make some jewelry or you don't have time to make beaded earrings, this is easy and perfect solution. In one hour you will have great new earrings.
I bought lace elements form http://www.eulalie-notions.com. They also offer hot fix stones.
Tools and supplies
1) Two lace elements or lace appliques
2) A piece of leather- size 2.5 times of appliques
5) Needle and fishing line
6) Flat back rhinestones- amount depends from the size and design of your earring
7) Earring hooks (from Amazon Beadaholique Long Elegant 50-Piece Earring Hooks, Silver)
8) Flat noise pliers ( from Amazon DARICE 1893-09 Jewelry Plier Set, Set of 5)
Glue the lace elements on the piece of leather. In case you use appliques already cover from the one side with glue, simple iron them on the piece of leather. Use some textile between the applique and the iron to protect it from the direct heat. The leather back will give not only additional protection to the fine lace and also give some extra weight and body.
By using small sharp scissors cut the glued applique out, try to cut as close as possible to the edges.
To have some additional fixation, sew lace and leather in the few places together by using smoky color 0.08mm fishing line. It is very fine, but enough strong. This step is optional.
Glue flat back rhinestones on the leather. Of course you can use some different decoration options.
Prick the hole and fixed an earring hook.