Craftsy On line lessons New Directions in Lace
Learn to love lace with designer Romi Hill as you knit her absolutely stunning “Fiori Autunnali” V-shaped shawl.
What You'll Learn
* Fundamental lace-knitting skills: How to read lace charts, cast on, use stitch markers and add lifelines
* The importance of swatching and blocking when knitting lace, and how to do them both correctly
* Tips for easily placing beads, and what to do when you forget one or want to remove one after the fact
* The clever bellybutton cast-on
* How to transition from working in the round to working flat as your shawl grows its “wings”
* How to bind off and create delicate decorative edges using crochet chains made on your knitting needles.